Saturday, June 22, 2013

4-star Review for Gate Deadlock on Goodreads!

Gate Deadlock got another 4star review on Goodreads.  Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/643673761

Recommended for: all the lovers of young adult romance
Read from June 17 to 21, 2013

Ok, so... here we go.

The beggining was very strong and impressive, it got me hooked. Generally the book has a great structure and a great use of vocabulary though at some points it tends to be a bit overdone. But after a bit the plot starts thickening and flowing and you get deep into the story.

About Emma: to be quit honest I was reading at first and she was presented as a strong smart capable woman. What I could not really understand is why is she soooo into him, like, from the first time she sees him she is so enchanted I wanted to slap her at some point. But after that she gets way better and since they actually get together and all you get the hang of it. But she is a very likable and relatable character! Finally! She keeps using her brains even when she is crazy in love!

About Christopher: Handsome mysterious stranger barging in and swooping our girl of her feet...but! He hides secrets and a past she cannot find out... or can she? I hope we find more about him!

Well ok, the dynamics between the two of them were a bit too intense at first, but this is not bad!
Also, might I state one thing! How refreshing it was that the protagonists are not highschoolers!
Also I have to state I have never read a time traveling fiction book, and I must state I liked the way the author handles it alot!

I got really entranced by the story and the mystery and I wanted answers dammit!! Which... I did not really get, but I guess that is why there is a second book! And I am set on starting it in 3-2-1!
After all this, i must say, good job miss Ourania Sarri, I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our heroes, and for you too!(lame pun I know, just roll with it people!)
Thanks to the author for providing a pdf copy of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to be distracted by your comments! So feel free to post your thoughts here.